Saturday, November 15, 2008

Artifacts from DUP

Last week we visited the Daughters of the Utah Pioneers Museum and I remembered that Grannyma had donated a wallet and a chair so I asked them to look on their database and find out where the items were displayed. They did so and I arranged to have them take pictures of the items.


Above is a rocking chair that Elijah and Catherine Hawes carried across the plains on their handcart. The seat is made with leather straps.
Below is a picture of Catherine Floyd Pease Hawes.


George Washington Hickman's billfold is also on display. It is a thin leather foldup with 5 compartments and a strap that holds it together when folded. It has a pressed eso design on it front and back.





1 comment:

EFP said...

I had no idea you had so much family history in & around Salt Lake City?!